• 1 cup whole cranberries
• 1 cup cooked, boned turkey
• 3-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
• 1 egg
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 cup water or broth as needed
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease two cookie sheets.
2. Mix the flour and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a blender or food processor, combine the turkey, olive oil, and egg (and some of the water or broth as needed). When the turkey is the consistency of baby food, add cranberries and continue to mix.
4. Pour this mixture into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to create a thick dough.
5. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough. (This is a heavy dough so you’ll need to put a little muscle in it!)
6. Cut into biscuit shapes and bake for 25 minutes.
7. Cool completely before serving or refrigerating. Store in the refrigerator for 3 days or freeze in an airtight container for up to 6 months.